Regular Eye Exams Help Set Your Child up for Success
Children’s eyes change and develop continuously. But children aren’t always aware there’s something wrong with their eyesight. They may simply believe how they see is typical or cannot properly articulate what’s wrong to their parents.
Undiagnosed vision problems can severely impact your child’s overall development. From language skills and social skills to reading and playing, if your child struggles with a vision problem, they will have to work harder at learning and growing than their peers.
If you notice your child exhibiting any of the following behaviours, we recommend booking an appointment with one of our optometrists for an eye exam:
- Frustration with learning
- Irritability, visible frustration, or short attention span
- Red, itchy, or watering eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Constant eye turning
- Squinting, rubbing, or covering one or both of their eyes
- Excessive blinking
- Holding objects too close
- Avoiding books and television